ServeCare / Wellness
Care and Wellness Opportunities
Do you have a heart for those who are lonely, hurt, sick or broken hearted?
This ministry team shares God’s love through providing connection, prayer, and spiritual encouragement to people in our congregation and community. “We were glad to share not only God’s good news with you but also our lives because we cared for you so much.” 1 Thessalonians 2:8
VISITS MINISTRY: Provide connection, prayer, and commuion to our Bethany family members when they are homebound or hospitalized.
- Home Visitors visit 1-2 times per with their assigned person
- Hospital Visitors serve twice a month
PRAYER MINISTRY: Prayer ministers serve in a variety of areas.
- Daily Prayer Team – receive the daily prayer request email and pray over names listed
- Prayer Ministers – pray in person with individuals during regular Sunday worship services and special occasion services (Blue Christmas, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday)
- Prayer Follow-up Team – make phone clls to individuals who have shared a prayer reuqest and pray with them over the phone
- Card Ministry Team – write encouraging notes to individuals who have submitted a prayer request
- Mission Trip Prayer Partner – will be assigned to a mission trip participant to pray with and for their person before and during the trip
- Healing Prayer Team – join a team as needed to pray in person over an individual who is experiencing severe health issues
GRIEF MINISTRY: Supporting those who have experienced the death of a loved one.
- Care Calls – make calls to individuals who have experienced a death of a loved one, offering a listening ear and space to grieve
- GriefShare Facilitator – lead or support GriefShare programs that include:
- GriefShare – 12 weeks
- Loss of a Spouse Workshop
- Surviving the Holidays Workshop